Sales Account Manager, Digital Signage, Video Walls
Planar - CA or Las Vegas
THE IMPACT YOU’LL HAVE
The Account Manager is responsible for ensuring that relevant customers, partners, and influencers in the territory (end-users, channel partners, resellers, and consultants) choose Planar for their specialty display needs. The Account Manager role requires an ability to sell directly, manage channel partners, and influence industry thought-leaders. The Account Manager will think and act strategically and tactically in achieving business results for the territory. The Account Manager will contribute to the channel strategy, implement that strategy by signing appropriate channel partners, and then manage those partners to achieve aggressive sales goals. The successful candidate must work well with internal colleagues in Marketing, Engineering, Technical Support, Sales Operations and other functions, in support of a collaborative, customer-focused organization.
HOW YOU’LL DO IT
- Refine and execute sales strategy to meet business goals in the territory.
- Identify, recruit, attain, and manage the best resellers and industry thought-leaders in the territory.
- Solicit and participate in joint sales calls, promote marketing programs, participate/conduct trainings and product demonstrations, participate in tradeshows and model the speed, agility, aggressiveness, teamwork, and responsiveness required to win in our marketplace.
- Establish performance measures and evaluate effectiveness and competitiveness of channel partners, Manufacturers’ Reps, and programs.
- Contribute to pricing decisions by providing market intelligence, competitive information, and other market, customer, and partner feedback.
- Actively contribute to the development of channel marketing programs - work with outbound marketing to develop and implement channel marketing programs and sales tools that grow revenue within the channel.
- Actively contribute to the ongoing analysis, refinement and execution of business strategies.
- Develop and maintain forecast reporting and provider regular and accurate updates to Business line management.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Bachelors degree in business or related field or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum of five years of technology sales experience, which includes at least 3 years of proAV experience required.
- Prior sales experience with LCD displays, as well as front and rear projection displays, preferred.
- Prior experience selling to government accounts preferred. Security clearances preferred.
- Track record of demonstrated success selling and forecasting sales in the territory required.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills; oral, written and presentation, required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications required. Preference for prior experience using Salesforce.com.
- Preference for experience with contemporary productivity and communication tools (e.g. Skype, Social Media, telepresence, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results in fast paced dynamic environment required.
- Travel required 40-60% of the time.
- Requires ability to lift/move/set-up products weighing up to 40 pounds.
WHAT YOU’RE GETTING INTO
We take our jobs seriously but not ourselves so seriously that we can’t have some fun at work. We drive deadlines but we don’t have deadlines for the sake of them. We set our standards high and we’re accountable for our goals, but we recognize all our valued colleagues have lives outside work. We don’t like drama unless it’s on the big screen and everyone here works collaboratively and supportively. We win together rather than at the expense of each other. We state our views out loud but we actively support decisions and drive toward our goals. We do it the right way – ethically and with integrity – while constantly striving for better results. We put the success of our customer first and provide them with unmatched solutions, energy, responsiveness and innovation. We do it like no one else.
Planar Systems is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to a drug-free workplace.