Technical Support Technologist
Christie - Wokingham
The successful candidate will join a team of experienced Technical Support Engineers and Technical Support Technologists on an initial one-year contract. The role involves working with this team to provide our customers, partners and end users with technical support. During the initial period, the successful candidate will work in a number of areas of Christie's Technical Services, to gain experience and knowledge in supporting our products.
The role requires a strongly motivated self starter who is keen to learn and develop. Knowledge of ours or our competitor products is useful but full training will be given. This role is varied with the opportunity to visits customer sites and trade shows for build and breakdown as well as on stand customer interaction, both in the UK and abroad. A current valid passport is therefore necessary.
Further industry training in related products and achievement of industry recognised qualifications, such as InfoComm's CTS as well as internal product training are also requirements of this position.
- Provide technical support to EMEA customers by way of proactive and reactive means through telephone, fax and email.
- Assist in-house warranty and non-warranty repairs across all Christie products.
- Assist in pre-installation configuration of equipment for direct sales
- Provide technical support at trade shows and events
- Operation and maintenance of Christie's demonstration & meeting rooms at the EMEA HQ office
- Assist in installation of direct sales projects throughout EMEA.
- Assist during the installation and breakdown of EMEA trade shows
Education and Training
- Postgraduate with degree in Electronics or industry-related subject
- Good general education, demonstrating the ability and willingness to learn
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Skills and Experience
- Excellent IT skills with experience in Microsoft Office and Windows
- Networking knowledge desirable
- Work experience in industry with Christie Partners using Christie or competitor equipment useful although full training given
This role is based in our Wokingham office, however travel to other countries will be part of the role therefore a full current passport is required
To apply for this position, please click the button below, and complete the form, attaching your CV and cover letter. if you would like a full job description, or have any further questions regarding this vacancy, please contact Kate Brennan. email@example.com