AV Presales Engineer
Viju - Northeast/Mid-Atlantic
This assignment requires a person who has an understanding of audio visual and video conferencing system(s) functionality for clients having discussed it with the account manager, and be able to write a description of the system functionality to be incorporated in a sales proposal. This description should be written in a manner that conveys in as simple terms as possible what the system will do and how it will be operated. It is meant to set the expectations of the client so that they are in line with the systems actual capabilities. In addition to the system description a Scope of Work (SOW) is also needed. The SOW will outline the responsibilities of Viju in terms of a given project, the type of documentation Viju will be supplying, the timelines of this documentation as well as the project management and training expectations. The SOW will also include the client’s responsibilities. If this is a “turn-key” project or are they responsible for cable and network provisioning, high voltage electrical installation, and base building requirements. Project overview will be a requirement to include interfacing with General Contractor, Electrical Contractor, Design Consultants and clients throughout the entire phase of the projects assigned.
Bill of Material creation: Create a list of equipment needed to complete a given project/system. This should include cabling requirements as well as rack shelves
Interaction with Viju Technicians/Programmers: The ability to communicate system parameters to technicians and programmers, get feedback from them as to what works and what does not. Labor assessments: Work with sales to provide labor assessment for pricing of jobs as well as to provide a look forward for operations in order to keep an understanding as to the amount of labor needed.
Mentoring and Resource Development: Work with junior engineers to mentor and develop their technical and professional skills.
Professional Skills and Abilities:
- Extensive background in A/V system integration engineering, design and installation
- Extensive background in AMX and/or Crestron programming is a plus
- Thorough and proven knowledge of installation techniques and National Electric Code (NEC) requirements are essential.
- In depth Tandberg/Cisco VTC video conferencing experience
- Experience in producing Installation Guides according to a defined engineering process
- Good communication skills. • Extensive domestic travel to client locations primarily within the tri state area.
- Construction and base building knowledge is required.
- ICIA CTS-D certification is required.
** Please send your resume including salary history and requirements